FARGO® HDP5000 – High Definition Printer/Encoder
Get vibrant, High Definition cards from the reliable, affordable FARGO® HDP5000.
HDP® delivers the highest image quality layered on the highest functioning cards. HDP Film fuses to the surface of proximity and smart cards, conforming to ridges and indentations formed by embedded electronics.
Versatility delivered. Complexity simplified.
Colors are vibrant. Images are crisp. Quality is second to none. ID cards printed on FARGO HDP5000 Card Printer/Encoders do more than protect your organization — they reflect the value you place on your brand. HDP5000 produces ID cards with the highest image quality available. By printing a reverse image on the underside of HDP Film, then fusing the film to the card surface, the HDP5000 creates an image quality that looks more like a sharp glossy photo than an ordinary ID badge.
Printing on film instead of directly on the card means that the uneven surface of technology cards doesn’t compromise image quality. The HDP5000 can print up to the edge of smart chip contacts, and over the edge of the card.
High quality meets affordability.
With the FARGO HDP5000, the price tag looks as great as the cards it produces. We can deliver high definition images cost effectively, making the HDP5000 an ideal solution for a broad range of organizations.
Rely on it for more than good looks.
The HDP5000 is exceptionally reliable, which means less printer downtime. Because the printhead never comes in contact with card surfaces or debris, it’s never damaged in the printing process. In fact, it carries a lifetime warranty.
Cards produced by High Definition Printing are inherently more durable and secure than other types of cards. They resist wear and tear by putting a durable layer of HDP Film between the card image and the outside world. They’re also tamper-evident — if a counterfeiter tries to peel apart the layers, the image essentially destroys itself. Optional High Durable HDP Film provides even greater abrasion resistance and can eliminate some organizations’ need for lamination hardware.
Improvements you’ll see in every card.
FARGO introduced High Definition Printing in 1999, and we’ve been advancing the technology ever since. The HDP5000 is one of the most affordably priced reverse transfer printers on the market today. It’s also the most efficient, with improvements at every level. Simple operation requires only minimal training. Cards, ribbons and overlaminates literally load in a snap via the cartridge-based system. Sharp image quality and new half-panel ribbons make High Definition Printing even more economical. Fast printing, combined with a dual card input hopper for multiple card types help you fly through the biggest production jobs.
Add dual-sided durability and security — fast.
Applying a holographic overlaminate or holographic HDP Film to the front of an ID card improves its durability and security. An overlaminate on both sides doubles the protection. The HDP5000 laminates both sides of a card simultaneously in one efficient pass.Since the lamination module needs no card flipper, it doesn’t waste time by turning a card over and laminating it again. Saving a few seconds per card may not sound like much, but multiplied by a 5,000- or 10,000-card production run, the savings are substantial.
The right printer for every application.
High Definition Printing is the technology of choice for the best looking ID cards available, making the HDP5000 a smart choice for retail stores, recreation facilities, or any organization whose brand image is paramount. With the printer’s Color Assist tool in the included Workbench diagnostic utility, organizations can match spot colors to ensure accurate printing of graphics such as company logos.
It’s also right for organizations that demand more functionality from their ID cards. Colleges, loyalty and membership programs, businesses and corporations, health care facilities and government agencies are all expanding their use of multifunction smart cards. Encoding options allow configuration of the HDP5000 to produce highly secure contact and contactless smart cards that address your specific needs. And print quality is never sacrificed; the High Definition Printing process fuses the HDP Film to the card surface, conforming to ridges and indentations of the embedded electronics in smart and prox cards so images are always sharp.
Produce High Definition cards anywhere.
Card production is no longer limited to stand-alone badging stations. A retail chain, for example, can distribute card issuance over a network to any location. On a corporate campus or university, an array of printer/encoders can be set up in a central location for high-volume production. The printer’s Ethernet port and internal print server provide the connectivity needed for networked operations. The HDP5000 is the ideal choice for countless scenarios.
Take your card printing higher.
Only one card printer offers ultimate image quality and printer reliability, affordably. For every need — from great-looking photo ID cards to multifunctional, high-security applications — the HDP5000 does the job beautifully.
- Government IDs – Whether it is for drivers’ licenses, national IDs, or employee and contractor badges, government agencies demand reliable and secure card issuance. The FIPS-201-certified HDP5000 is a versatile, easy-to-use and cost-effective printer/encoder for producing high-secure, durable government IDs. Its High Definition Printing capabilities produce cards that are resistant to wear, tear and tampering. Optional Visual Security Solutions™
materials provide added fraud and counterfeit deterrence.
- Corporate IDs – From large corporations to small businesses, the HDP5000 is streamlining issuance of multi-functional employee ID cards used for visual identification, time and attendance, access control and payment functions. In an inline process, the printer personalizes smart cards with text and color, and reads pre-programmed access card data, such as iCLASS®. The printer’s inline processing saves time, speeds ID issuance and effectively reduces data entry errors that occur in the common two-step access card personalization process.
- Student IDs – Yesterday’s student photo ID is today’s multifunction campus one-card. A single card can be used for physical access to buildings, logical access to networks, library checkout and other services, as well as cashless and debit card transactions on and off campus. The HDP5000 makes on-the-spot issuance of these multifunctional student IDs fast
and efficient. For IDs that experience a lot
of wear and tear, durable, secure and tamper-resistant High Definition Printing technology is the right choice.
- Printing Method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
Print Speed (batch mode):
- up to 24 seconds per card / 150 cards per hour (YMC with transfer)*
- up to 29 seconds per card / 124 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer)*
- up to 40 seconds per card / 90 cards per hour (YMCKK with transfer)*
- up to 35 seconds per card / 102 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
- up to 48 seconds per card / 75 cards per hour (YMCKK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.370˝ L x 2.125˝ W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W)
- Accepted Card Thickness: .030˝ (30 mil) to .050˝ (50 mil) / .762 mm to 1.27 mm
- Input Card Cartridge Capacity: 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: 200 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Software Drivers: Windows 8/ 7/ Vista (32bit & 64 bit) / Server 2008 & 2003/ XP; Mac OS X v10.6 / v10.5 & Linux***
- Print Area: Over-the-edge on CR-80 cards
- Printer: Three years including one year of free printer loaner support (U.S. only);
optional Extended Warranty Program (U.S. only)
- Printhead: Lifetime; unlimited pass
- Dual card input hopper
- Card lamination module – single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous)
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless)
- Dual-sided printing
- Door and cartridge locks
- Printer cleaning kit
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- 200-card input hopper
- Secure Proprietary Consumables System
- Custom Secure Holographic HDP Film and Overlaminate
Included Software: FARGO Workbench Diagnostic Utility with Color Assist spot-color matching